The job search field can be very daunting, whether you are entering the job market for the first time or figuring out your next career move. Here at the Career Clinic, we break down what seems like a mammoth task and divide it up into small achievable steps that you control.
Our role is to show you the key steps, guide you on what you need to do and then assist you in doing it. The doing part is with you, and as with most things in life, the more you invest in the process, the more you will get out of it.
Finding a job is a process and here we have created and researched a proven 60 day 1:1 Job Search Action Plan, with a further 3 months follow-up support. This programme will provide you with the skills and tools needed to create your future and shape your own success.
Our 60 Day 1:1 Job Search Programme - What It Covers
Explore & Assess
Get to know yourself and what you have to offer.
Get to know the industry and role you would want to work in.
Prepare written documents required for role.
Identify connections critical for job search.
Identify roles and commence the application process.
Preparing and attending for interviews.
Evaluate offers and negotiate if necessary.
How does it work?
- 1:1 or online sessions 5 hours approx. & plus 2 hours scheduled phone support.
- Notes & Workbook provided to track and organise the plan.
- Weekly phone / email support and mentoring while in the programme.
- 3-month post-programme support.
- Time 1 Week approx – 2 scheduled phone / online sessions – 30 minutes each.
- Identify personal skills and attributes, interests.
- Research areas of interest – potential industry, sector, location, role using job websites.
- Research companies, salaries, skills required.
- Time 2 weeks approx – Online 1:1 session, 90 minutes. 2 x 45 minute. Phone support and feedback provided as each draft delivered.
- Create master CV template, LinkedIn profile and master cover letter.
- Polish your online presence.
- Networking – explore how that will look and identify avenues. Target companies, identify personnel and harness LinkedIn.
- 2/3 weeks – Online 1:1 session – 90 minutes, 2 x 45 minutes. Scheduled phone contact sessions each week – 15 minutes.
- Interview preparation – explain interview process and types. Interview questions preparation, STAR method explained and prepared.
- Adapting your interview answers to role and skills identified in job specification.
- Learn how to adapt written material to roles being applied for.
- Begin and track network process decided in Preparation stage.
- Session – Online 1:1 – 45 minutes. Scheduled phone contact session each week, 15 minutes.
- Evaluate process and identify any weaknesses and strategize solutions if needed.
- Update all paperwork and track network connections and expand if needed.
- Evaluate offer / package – ensure in line with decisions made in Assess & Explore stage.
Who is this service for?
- Anyone who wants to understand the process of Job Search so that they can confidently apply for roles in the future.
- Anyone whose career priorities have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic
- Anyone who is feeling “stuck” in their career.
- Anyone who may be re-entering the job market.
Cost of Service: €495
If you are ready for the support to help you identify the next best step for you, please get in touch. All the sessions can take place in person, by phone, Zoom or through email. Simply go to the booking page to make an appointment and state your preference.